Are you eligible for a medical cannabis ID card?
Have you been prescribed medical cannabis in the UK ?
Sign up to our pilot scheme.
Anyone with a current valid UK cannabis prescription can sign up to receive the medical cannabis ID card to prove your legal patient status.
What is a MedCannID?
MedCannID is a medical cannabis patient registration system that offers simple and effective security and protection for medical cannabis patients by means of a unique tamper-proof holographic physical photo ID card.
There is also an accompanying mobile app which keeps all your data handy
DESIGNED BY PATIENTS FOR PATIENTS
What are the benefits of MedCannID
- Physical confirmation that you are a legal medical cannabis patient providing security against illegal arrest
- Certifies that you use cannabis for medical purposes to any authorities, mainly law enforcement
- In the event of medical emergency, medical personnel can be notified of your cannabinoid intake. This is very important to pharmacotherapy in emergencies.
- Eliminate stigma at home, rented accommodation, work and in your community
- Legitimise carrying your medical supply and equipment in public
- Always carry with you a digital copy of your prescriptions
- Quickly prove your medical status on Public Transport and Customs
- Discounts on the purchase of medical cannabis consumables with selected partners(vaporisers etc)
The physical card
The card is made out of flexible plastic and it’s valid for one year . It includes a photo and your unique registration number and also has a holographic tamper-proof seal with embedded unique numbers and void technology
Use the MedCannID app to register, update and upload details as well as to verify your latest valid prescription date.
How do I sign up ?
You can register using a mobile device or a computer either by downloading the app or just simply using the device link below
1. Register register and verify your identity by downloading the app or using the ID CARD button on the website
2. Upload you prescription. Send a copy or upload your prescription to the app3. Order your ID card. Place an order and receive your MedCannID in the post
How much does it cost?
The card is FREE for anyone with a valid UK prescription and it’s renewed annually
Why is MedCannID so important?
There are now 100s of patients in the UK who are being prescribed medical cannabis, entirely legally, but who may still be subject to checks by members of the police. It can be very distressing for patients to be questioned by police officers for possessing or consuming legal medical cannabis on prescription.
Furthermore, it can be a waste of police time and resources to pursue and criminalise these patients.
Benefits to Law Enforcement from using MedicanID
- Law enforcement officers, transport police or other authorities can very quickly establish the legal status of a medical cannabis patient and avoid liability for potential illegal arrest and illegal seizure of life-saving medication
- The MedCannID app contains details on the amount and type of cannabis that has been prescribed to the patient as a unique ID number ties the patient to the current prescription that has been written
Abby Hughes | PLEA co-founder
“MedCannID provides a unique, valuable service for patients like me who have a prescription from a specialist doctor to consume cannabis. PLEA are proud to support initiatives such as MedCannID which improve the quality of life of patients and diminish the stigma that legal medical cannabis patients face”
Alta Flora | CEO Gavin Sathianathan
“MedCannID can provide critical support to patients consuming legal medical cannabis on prescription. We are proud to support this initiative which offers patients an opportunity to identify themselves to society as individuals who are consuming legal plant medicines to take control of their conditions and improve their quality of life.”
SUPPORTERS FOR CHANGE
Arfon Jones | North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner
“people who take medicinal cannabis should not have the additional worry of being threatened with the possibility of prosecution.”
“it is cruel and inhumane” for people to be criminalised for being seriously ill
“Medical Cannabis Patients should not be living in fear of arrest”
Privacy is a priority for MedCannID and we have taken every necessary step to protect our members data. We are fully GDPR compliant and we have physical and network security measures in place with encrypted communication, firewal, SSL email secure server and storage of data on AWS servers built specifically for the healthcare sector through our contract partners who are EU-US Privacy Shield compliant too.
There are also extra Data Protection and Data security measures which specify our software developer partners compliance with PCI DSS , ISO 22301:2012, ISO 27001:2013, Data Loss Protection, Data Storage, Data Deletion or Redundancy and Incident/Threat reporting in place for the software development