What is a MedCannID?
MedCannID is the UK’s largest legally prescribed medical cannabis patient validation system that offers simple and effective identification for medical cannabis patients by means of a unique tamper-proof holographic physical photo ID card and accompanying app.
The app acts as a central hub for all patient needs and also can be used to access the patient prescription copies for reference.
DESIGNED BY PATIENTS FOR PATIENTS
Are you eligible for a medical cannabis ID card?
Have you been prescribed medical cannabis in the UK ?
Sign up using the app for Android or iphone(coming soon)
Anyone with a current valid UK cannabis prescription can sign up to receive the medical cannabis ID card to prove your legal patient status.
What are the benefits of MedCannID?
• Physical confirmation that you are a legally prescribed medical cannabis patient by means of a plastic tamperproof photo ID card
• Validates your legal patient status and certifies that you use cannabis on prescription for medical purposes to any authorities ie law enforcement, Public Transport Police. This can also be used in communications with your landlords, estate agent, HR manager, Employer, insurance companies etc
• Pre-Legal advice and signposting communications in case of unlawful arrest and confiscation of medications as well as general legal issues with employment and housing authorities etc
• In the event of medical emergency, medical personnel can be notified of your cannabinoid intake. This is very important to pharmacotherapy in emergencies.
• Helps to eliminate stigma at home, rented accommodation, work and in your community
• Legitimises carrying your medical supply and equipment for example your vaporiser and precision scales.
• Specifies the type of medication and amount currently being prescribed to the patient with a direct link to a copy of the dated prescription.
• Gives access to the Patient Essentials shop with group purchase discounts of up to 50% off RRP for equipment needed for consumption
• Group offers for MedCannID members at participating pharmacies and clinics
• Access to prescribed patient related information, services, shared resources and the patient forum.(coming soon)
The physical card
The card is made out of flexible plastic and it’s valid for one year . It includes a photo and your unique registration number and also has a holographic tamper-proof seal with embedded unique numbers and void technology
Use the MedCannID app to register, update and upload details as well as to verify your latest valid prescription date.
How do I sign up ?
You can register using a mobile device or a computer either by downloading the app or just simply using the device link below
1. Register and verify your identity using the app
2. Upload your prescription | Send a copy or upload your prescription to the app
3. Receive your MedCannID in the post.
How much does it cost?
The card is FREE for anyone with a valid UK prescription and it’s renewed annually.
Please note that you will need to have a current valid medical cannabis prescription to keep your account active.
Why is MedCannID so important?
There are now 100s of patients in the UK who are being prescribed medical cannabis, entirely legally, but who may still be subject to checks by members of the police. It can be very distressing for patients to be questioned by police officers for possessing or consuming legal medical cannabis on prescription.
Furthermore, it can be a waste of police time and resources to pursue and criminalise these patients.
Benefits to Law Enforcement from using MedicanID
- Law enforcement officers, transport police or other authorities can very quickly establish the legal status of a medical cannabis patient and avoid liability for potential illegal arrest and illegal seizure of life-saving medication
- The MedCannID app contains details on the amount and type of cannabis that has been prescribed to the patient as a unique ID number ties the patient to the current prescription that has been written
Abby Hughes | PLEA co-founder
“MedCannID provides a unique, valuable service for patients like me who have a prescription from a specialist doctor to consume cannabis. PLEA are proud to support initiatives such as MedCannID which improve the quality of life of patients and diminish the stigma that legal medical cannabis patients face”
Alta Flora | CEO Gavin Sathianathan
“MedCannID can provide critical support to patients consuming legal medical cannabis on prescription. We are proud to support this initiative which offers patients an opportunity to identify themselves to society as individuals who are consuming legal plant medicines to take control of their conditions and improve their quality of life.”
SUPPORTERS FOR CHANGE
Arfon Jones | North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner
“people who take medicinal cannabis should not have the additional worry of being threatened with the possibility of prosecution.”
“it is cruel and inhumane” for people to be criminalised for being seriously ill
“Medical Cannabis Patients should not be living in fear of arrest”
Privacy is a priority for MedCannID and we have taken every necessary step to protect our members data. We are fully GDPR compliant and we have physical and network security measures in place with encrypted communication, firewall, SSL email secure server and storage of data on servers accommodating for the healthcare sector through our contract partners who are EU-US Privacy Shield compliant too.
There are also extra Data Protection and Data security measures which specify our software developer partners compliance with PCI DSS , ISO 22301:2012, ISO 27001:2013, Data Loss Protection, Data Storage, Data Deletion or Redundancy and Incident/Threat reporting in place for the software development
All Copyrights to Numeds,MedCannID